We bought the last of the real Speed carburetors. Factory can no longer supply Speed carbs with shut off valve. We only have a few left.
Real Speed carbs have the following features;
- The name "Speed" on outside of Carb.
- 14.95mm diameter Slide Barrel .
- O Ring seal for intake tube seal. Only real Speed carbs have this.
- Fuel shut off valve
- Bowl petcock drain. Best to coat screw with sealant to prevent leaks
- First production had rectangular Red AC covers.
- Late production have rectangular Black AC covers
- The ones in our stock now have Black covers but our Speed repair kits both last year have RED covers.
Real Speeds have a 14.95 mm dia,. barrel slide valve made for 66cc to 70cc engines, hence the name Speed. It's the same carb we supply in our Gt5A-ES engine installation kits.
Normally; Speed Carbs have a Red rectangular AC cover but also can have a Black rectangular AC cover depending on what production run.
All Gru-Bee supplied carbs have an O ring inside the connection port to seal off the intake tube. NOTE: Competitors brand do not have these O rings.
FYI: Smaller 48cc engines should use 14.5 mm dia. barrel slide valve carbs. to avoid over fueled boggy acceleration.. Normally 48cc carbs are identified by a round Black air cleaner cap with 4 tube holes and marketed as NT Carbs however some will have big slide barrels 14.95 and some with small 14.5. Chinese get them all mixed up so beware what you get.