HD AXLE 26" rim wheel for single speed 115 to135mm frame drop out
This add for a 26" HD AXLE wheel with 12 ga spokes made for 110 to 135mm wide frame drop outs.
Set up for both Disc Brake of Vee Brake application. Read closely and review all the pictures.
Why buy 2 cast aluminum wheels when one HD Axle wheel matches most Vee Frame bike's front wheel and can do so much more!
Keeps the original look of vintage bikes.
HD AXLE 26" WHEEL with 12ga. spokes;
- SUITABLE for both DISC BRAKES and VEE CALIPER BRAKES.
- Fits SINGLE SPEED standard 135mm drop out frames.
- HD AXLE has dual row 5200 ball bearings. see pic.
PRO SHOP CHOICE FOR A PERFECT INSTALLATION.
2 wheel models to choose from. This add is for one
single speed 135mm drop out wheel. The adjoining add is for 150mm multi-speed drop outs.
- HD Axle avoids the cheap clamp to spokes sprocket attachment.
- If you are good at spoke lacing you can adjust either wheel to about any standard size drop outs. > ie: 110mm to 155mm. The 220mm long axle shaft allows custom fitting. Cut off excess length if required with hacksaw.
Here's what you get.
#1. A double wall alum. wheel rim with 36 spokes laced to our World famous "HD Axle". Rim has spoke eyelets found only in expensive wheels.
#2. For Safety and Longevity HD Axles have (2) double row ball bearings, that means a total of 4 rows of bearings.
#3. Left end of the HD Axle has metric 35-1 CW and 36-1 CCW left hand threads.
#4. A selection of 36T to 56T Chain sprockets can attach to a 6 hole steel flanged hub with 36-1CCW left hand threads.
( 36T to 56T sprockets are available, order separately )
#5. 35-1 right hand threads are for the steel 6 hole hub to attach disc brake rotors. Disc Brake Rotor m5 threaded Hub is included.
If disc brake is not wanted you can use Vee caliper brakes as the wheel rim is designed for them as well.
#6. HD AXLE Eliminates the old way of clamping sprocket to spokes and gives true chain alinement.
#7. Right side of HD AXLE has 1.375-24 threads for standard pedal sprockets.
#8. 36T to 56 T sprockets available by separate order in both 5 Hole and 6 Hole variations.
NOTE: A 5 Hole Freewheel Sprocket is available by separate order if using a rope pull start engine. Not included:
NOTE: List of ITEMS NOT INCLUDED due to so many variations: Order separately:
* Left side Drive Chain Sprocket, * Right side single speed 1.375-24 screw on freewheel * Pedal sprocket or multi-speed Freewheel cluster * 5 hole Freewheel sprocket hub. * Disc Brake rotor
#9. Packed securely in a 7 ply cardboard box.